‘For pregnancy’ is a natural live cultures supplement, formulated especially for pregnant women. It can be used from conception all the way through to breastfeeding. We know that your pregnancy is unique to you, and so we wanted to make sure ‘For pregnancy’ was as inclusive as possible. That’s why it’s vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and free from artificial flavourings & colours.
Who is it for?
Prenatal supplement for pregnant women from conception through to birth. Also suitable and researched during breastfeeding and the 6 months post birth.
- Each serving contains 12 billion friendly bacteria + 30 mg FOS fibres and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- Contains the well researched live cultures strains Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001, Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14® and Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 which have been trialled in hundreds of pregnant women.
- All three strains are scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut. Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14® are also proven to reach the vaginal tract.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- No refrigeration necessary when stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C.
- Recommended for daily use.
- Suitable for pregnant women from conception through to birth and for breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding women post birth.
- Suitable for those on a vegetarian, vegan, dairy free or gluten free diet and for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures.
- Available to purchase in one pack size of 30 capsules.
- Winner of Janey Loves Platinum Award 2020
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001, Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14®, Bifidobacterium lactis HN019
- Corn starch
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS 30mg)
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate
Check bottom of pack for Best Before date.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, dairy free and gluten free diets.
Following the taxonomic updates advised by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, a reclassification has been proposed for the rhamnosus species. The L. rhamnosus strain in 'For pregnancy' may therefore now also be known as Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus HN001.
Food supplement suitable for pregnant women from conception through to birth and for breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding women post birth with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, or as professionally directed.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the capsule can be opened and contents mixed with a cold meal or beverage that aren't too acidic.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
- May be taken on an ongoing basis or as professionally directed.
- For best results use daily.
Morning sickness and/or nausea is a common symptom in pregnancy and therefore pregnant women often prefer taking supplements in the form of capsules. To make taking ‘For pregnancy’ capsules as easy as possible, we recommend tilting the head forward to swallow the capsule. Details below:
When swallowing tablets, it’s common to put the tablet in your mouth, drink some water and knock the head back to swallow it (i.e. look up before swallowing). Doing this uses the weight of the tablet to move it to the back of the throat and makes it easier to swallow successfully
With a capsule, however, this won’t work because of the air in the capsule. Instead, while the capsule and water are in the mouth, we recommend to look down before swallowing. This will buoy the capsule to the top of the water (back of the throat) and make it easier to swallow, particularly if morning sickness and/or nausea are a problem for the individual
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those taking any medication or with serious medical conditions should consult a doctor before use. OptiBac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For pregnancy' does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
China Delivery Information
- In order to provide a worry-free service to Chinese customers, we are now able to include any Customs Tax charges at the checkout. This will ensure you are not charged anything extra when the products arrive in China, or when your products are delivered to your address.
- Chinese Delivery times have also been reduced, meaning orders should now reach your home within 5-10 working days of the order confirmation being received.
- Delivery charges to China will vary depending on the weight and size of your order.
- Registered customers can determine the delivery cost and Customs Tax charges after placing items into the checkout basket – and before confirmation of purchase.